Texas is home to the beautiful bluebonnet flower. Bluebonnets mark over 100 years as the State flower. Though blue is the natural theme, this beauty comes in shades of pink, maroon white. Bluebonnet season begins in March and is gone by early May. Below are some great places to visit to take pictures with your families, pets, or just to stop and get a great photo. Go quickly as the bloomwindow is short and won't last long. So Here are my favorite spots.
1. St. Edward’s University- Closest to downtown and beautiful location especially for photos! This private university gives some amazing views for photos of bluebonnet flowers! What a relaxing place, plan on staying a while, it's too cozy not to!
2. Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center- The bluebonnets are in amazing bloom among the 279-acre wildlife center located 10 miles south of downtownAustin. Pick your spot, because there's plenty to go around with large amounts of the beautiful bluebonnets and may other species of flowers native to Texas. This is day trip for many but well worth it!
3. Montoplis Drive- Across from Roy G Guerrero Park you can see a large field full of blossoming bright blue bluebonnets. Enjoy a day full of fun at the park and enjoy these magnificent flowers! There is a small piece of land coming off the Montopolis bridge to the right side of the road. There is an old building that was once a church for a perfect time piece backdrop. This spot was a family favorite of mine, you will love it too!
4. Toll Road 130& FM 969 (EastAustin) – Busy Highway, but if you can go on a non high traffic day, you can capture some of the best of this beautiful state flower! This makes for a beautiful early morning or late evening drive!
5. Capital of Texas Highway (HWY360)- Highway 360 reveals miles and miles of beautiful bluebonnets. The flowers add to the already breathtaking views of the lake and rolling hills! You don't want to miss this photo op. Have lunch, and take a road trip. This won't disappoint! !
Where do you take your blue bonnet pictures? Share with us! The season doesn't last long, so get out there and take some beautiful family fun photos that will last a lifetime! !
Author:Melissa Galvan Phone: 512-773-5735 Dated: April 11th 2017 Views: 1,171 About Melissa: True Austin native with a passion for real estate. I'm rooted in Austin and I love my city. I'm priv...
Trust eXp Realty and our team of real estate agents to help you find homes for sale or to sell your current home. We recognize the level of service that the mobile consumer demands. You have information. You have dreams. We possess experience, integrity, and innovation. Together we create leverage to make your dreams a reality.
""Jason has helped me with a couple of properties in the last year. He is a very easy person to work with. Jason has a sharp eye for what the potential tenant might look for in a property and brings in that perspective while evaluating properties. He is also very level-headed and offers unbiased advice all along the process. In that sense, he acts more like your partner and helps you avoid any pitfalls that you may not be thinking about. After the deal is done, real estate purchase is all about process and Jason understands the process very well and stays on top of things. I would unequivocally recommend Jason for your real estate needs.""