The Austin Police Department Burglary Unit would like to remind Austin citizens that the period immediately after Thanksgiving and Christmas typically sparks a rise in burglaries. In order to help keep your possessions safe, APD’s Burglary Unit would like to remind you of the following:
• Break down all boxes from your gifts and place them in a dark colored trash bag or a closed trash container to avoid burglars knowing there are new items in your residence
• Close window shades and blinds when no one is home to prevent burglars from window shopping in your home
• Close and lock all windows and doors prior to leaving your residence
• Secure all valuables from immediate view such as laptops, cellphones, wallets, etc.; if a burglar looks in and sees a laptop close to the door or window, it becomes an easy target
• Close and lock your garage, as well as any storage sheds, on your property
• Record all serial numbers of valuables so that police can have the opportunity to try to recover your property if it is stolen; if you keep your list in an electronic device, ensure you have a printed copy available in the event your device is stolen
• Call in suspicious persons and vehicles to 911 immediately, so that officers can identify the intentions of the person and/or vehicle in your neighborhood
For more information. http://www.austintexas.gov/news/apd-burglary-unit-offers-holiday-tips-keep-you-safe-1
I would like to thank the Austin Police Department for putting this preventative list together for us and I want to wish you all a very safe Holiday Season.
Nate Jones, Austin Tx REALTOR
Specializing in Austin and all surrounding areas
Whether you are needing to buy, sell, or lease, I can help you. Call me at 512-636-2864 or visit my site at www.NateJonesRealtor.com
FREE Home Evaluations - Call me to find out how much your home is really worth
Author:Nate Jones Phone: 512-636-2864 Dated: November 16th 2016 Views: 69 About Nate: ...
Kick off the holiday season and celebrate the Zilker Tree 50th Ye
"I have been working with Alfredo as my agent for several months. As an absent owner, I have had to rely on phone calls, email and pictures to prepare my property for listing. Alfredo has been invaluable as my local eyes and ears for overseeing a complete makeover of my house. I highly recommend him to anyone looking to sell or buy a property in the Austin area. His expertise in the local markets and responsiveness to my needs are exceptional. "