The Austin Police Department Burglary Unit would like to remind Austin citizens that the period immediately after Thanksgiving and Christmas typically sparks a rise in burglaries. In order to help keep your possessions safe, APD’s Burglary Unit would like to remind you of the following:
• Break down all boxes from your gifts and place them in a dark colored trash bag or a closed trash container to avoid burglars knowing there are new items in your residence
• Close window shades and blinds when no one is home to prevent burglars from window shopping in your home
• Close and lock all windows and doors prior to leaving your residence
• Secure all valuables from immediate view such as laptops, cellphones, wallets, etc.; if a burglar looks in and sees a laptop close to the door or window, it becomes an easy target
• Close and lock your garage, as well as any storage sheds, on your property
• Record all serial numbers of valuables so that police can have the opportunity to try to recover your property if it is stolen; if you keep your list in an electronic device, ensure you have a printed copy available in the event your device is stolen
• Call in suspicious persons and vehicles to 911 immediately, so that officers can identify the intentions of the person and/or vehicle in your neighborhood
For more information. http://www.austintexas.gov/news/apd-burglary-unit-offers-holiday-tips-keep-you-safe-1
I would like to thank the Austin Police Department for putting this preventative list together for us and I want to wish you all a very safe Holiday Season.
Nate Jones, Austin Tx REALTOR
Specializing in Austin and all surrounding areas
Whether you are needing to buy, sell, or lease, I can help you. Call me at 512-636-2864 or visit my site at www.NateJonesRealtor.com
FREE Home Evaluations - Call me to find out how much your home is really worth
Author:Nate Jones Phone: 512-636-2864 Dated: November 16th 2016 Views: 204 About Nate: ...
Trust eXp Realty and our team of real estate agents to help you find homes for sale or to sell your current home. We recognize the level of service that the mobile consumer demands. You have information. You have dreams. We possess experience, integrity, and innovation. Together we create leverage to make your dreams a reality.
Are you considering buying a home in Westlake? If you are lookin
"We worked with Tammy Spracklen to buy our first home. We enjoyed working with her because she was always willing to get out there to show us properties. Plus she is familiar with all the surrounding cities and friendly!"