The Austin Police Department Burglary Unit would like to remind Austin citizens that the period immediately after Thanksgiving and Christmas typically sparks a rise in burglaries. In order to help keep your possessions safe, APD’s Burglary Unit would like to remind you of the following:
• Break down all boxes from your gifts and place them in a dark colored trash bag or a closed trash container to avoid burglars knowing there are new items in your residence
• Close window shades and blinds when no one is home to prevent burglars from window shopping in your home
• Close and lock all windows and doors prior to leaving your residence
• Secure all valuables from immediate view such as laptops, cellphones, wallets, etc.; if a burglar looks in and sees a laptop close to the door or window, it becomes an easy target
• Close and lock your garage, as well as any storage sheds, on your property
• Record all serial numbers of valuables so that police can have the opportunity to try to recover your property if it is stolen; if you keep your list in an electronic device, ensure you have a printed copy available in the event your device is stolen
• Call in suspicious persons and vehicles to 911 immediately, so that officers can identify the intentions of the person and/or vehicle in your neighborhood
For more information. http://www.austintexas.gov/news/apd-burglary-unit-offers-holiday-tips-keep-you-safe-1
I would like to thank the Austin Police Department for putting this preventative list together for us and I want to wish you all a very safe Holiday Season.
Nate Jones, Austin Tx REALTOR
Specializing in Austin and all surrounding areas
Whether you are needing to buy, sell, or lease, I can help you. Call me at 512-636-2864 or visit my site at www.NateJonesRealtor.com
FREE Home Evaluations - Call me to find out how much your home is really worth
Author:Nate Jones Phone: 512-636-2864 Dated: November 16th 2016 Views: 154 About Nate: ...
With low unemployment and relatively affordable housing, Austin is bes
"ITALIANO Siamo molto felici di aver incontrato per caso la signora Michelle Burns, vostro agente, con la quale dopo aver avuto un appuntamento nei vostri uffici, abbiamo trovato la casa perfet ta, la vostra agente Burns, è stata molto brava anche nel capire quello che stavamo cercando e molto paziente nel tradurre tutte le nostre richieste in quanto noi non parliamo americano, e grazie alla sua disponibilità e alle tecnologie moderne abbiamo comunicato a lei e lei con noi per tutto quanto ci era necessario, complimenti ai vostri uffici sempre tutto il personale compiaciuto, e pronto, complimenti al vostro Agente Michelle Burns, per la sua Professionalità, sempre ben vestita, sempre educata, pronta ad ascoltare senza mai voltarsi, Grazie Mille. INGLESE (GOOGLE TRANSLATOR) We are very happy to have met by chance Ms. Michelle Burns, your agent, with whom having had an appointment in your offices, we have found the perfect home, your agent Burns, was also very good in understanding what we were looking and very patient in translating all our demands because we do not speak American, and due to its availability and to modern technology we talked to her and she with us for all that we had to be, congratulations to your offices all staff always pleased, and ready, congratulations to your Agent Michelle Burns, for his professionalism, always well dressed, always polite, ready to listen without looking, Thanks a lot. "