The Austin Police Department Burglary Unit would like to remind Austin citizens that the period immediately after Thanksgiving and Christmas typically sparks a rise in burglaries. In order to help keep your possessions safe, APD’s Burglary Unit would like to remind you of the following:
• Break down all boxes from your gifts and place them in a dark colored trash bag or a closed trash container to avoid burglars knowing there are new items in your residence
• Close window shades and blinds when no one is home to prevent burglars from window shopping in your home
• Close and lock all windows and doors prior to leaving your residence
• Secure all valuables from immediate view such as laptops, cellphones, wallets, etc.; if a burglar looks in and sees a laptop close to the door or window, it becomes an easy target
• Close and lock your garage, as well as any storage sheds, on your property
• Record all serial numbers of valuables so that police can have the opportunity to try to recover your property if it is stolen; if you keep your list in an electronic device, ensure you have a printed copy available in the event your device is stolen
• Call in suspicious persons and vehicles to 911 immediately, so that officers can identify the intentions of the person and/or vehicle in your neighborhood
For more information. http://www.austintexas.gov/news/apd-burglary-unit-offers-holiday-tips-keep-you-safe-1
I would like to thank the Austin Police Department for putting this preventative list together for us and I want to wish you all a very safe Holiday Season.
Nate Jones, Austin Tx REALTOR
Specializing in Austin and all surrounding areas
Whether you are needing to buy, sell, or lease, I can help you. Call me at 512-636-2864 or visit my site at www.NateJonesRealtor.com
FREE Home Evaluations - Call me to find out how much your home is really worth
Author:Nate Jones Phone: 512-636-2864 Dated: November 16th 2016 Views: 277 About Nate: ...
Trust eXp Realty and our team of real estate agents to help you find homes for sale or to sell your current home. We recognize the level of service that the mobile consumer demands. You have information. You have dreams. We possess experience, integrity, and innovation. Together we create leverage to make your dreams a reality.
If you’ve been renting for a while, I’m sure you’ve at one time
"My family and I recently moved out of Austin and Jason Palos was our realtor who helped us sell our Austin home. Initially, we got in touch with him to help us put the home on lease and manage it while we are away. Soon, we decided to sell it instead of leasing it out and Jason made the whole process absolutely seamless. He prepared the home for sale and had open house over the weekends. He promptly updated me on how the response was during the open house and thereafter. Not being locally in Austin, I was kind of concerned how things would work. Jason made it very easy. He was always responsive to phone calls and emails and would take the time to explain things in detail so that I understood what was happening. We were able to enter into a contract within 2 weeks of putting the home on sale.
During our move, I accidentally packed some of the critical documents like the survey that ended up in storage, where I didn’t have any access. Jason was kind enough to contact the title company that I used when I bought the home to arrange for a copy of the survey to keep the process going. He did a fantastic job of constantly updating where we are in the contract and what to expect next. There were no surprises at any point!
In a nutshell – Jason is very easy to work with – responsive and detailed. He will be the go to person if we ever decide to buy/sell a home in Austin. I would gladly refer him to my friends and family as well.""